December 5, 2013

ten favorite things - the holidays



Hey folks… I am still "stuck" but really enjoying my vacation in Cancun.  I am over indulging in lattes and smoked salmon! Details to come next Monday…

But for now, I am linking up with Brianna on her monthly ten favorite things (better late than never). She has chosen for this month's theme… The Holidays.  For different reasons, Christmas is not my favorite time of the year. Over the last couple of years, it has become a very stressful day.  However, there is some stuff that surrounds the holidays that I do enjoy.

  1. The famous red cups at Starbucks.
  2. Christmas music on the radio.
  3. Receiving new Pandora charms from Bidou (hint! hint!)
  4. Having some time off from work - this year Christmas falls on a Wednesday, my company is giving us the 25th, 26th and the 27th as vacation days!
  5. Buying gifts for family.
  6. Since I have no room for a tree in my condo, I still enjoy to decorate with some precious Christmas items I cherish.
  7. Love to watch a classic Christmas movie. I am thinking that I will re-re-rewatch "Elf" again this year.
  8. Window shopping at the mall.
  9. Quality time with family and friends.
  10. Cooking Bidou's favorite French Canadian holiday meal "La Tourtière".  I will post the recipe and instructions on a  future December post.

5 comments:

  1. Yess!!! Red cups and Christmas music are the best!! Thank you so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top 3 on your list would also be my top 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that you're stuck in Cancun!! Lucky you getting the 27th off! As long as the stock market is open, my office is open too.

    ReplyDelete