December 18, 2013

2013 year in review - book version

That's What She Read

I was planning to do a post in January regarding the books I read in 2013 but when I heard that Jen and Steph were planning a link-up titled "Year in Review - Your Favorite Things in 2013". I knew that this would be a great occasion to share my book post.  

Last January, I challenged myself to read 40 books. Unfortunately, I did not reach my goal but I am proud to announce that I have read 28 books thus far (still 13 days to go!)

The following is a list of all 28 books I have read in 2013. I read 13 French Canadian novels (I have marked them in italics). I am very proud of this number since I just started to read French language books in 2011. Even though my daily spoken language is French. I relate more to English stuff, especially when it comes to reading a book. I would never be caught reading an English translated to French book.  Strange!!

1. Chère Laurette - Tome 4 by Michel David - french
2. Love Athony by Lisa Genova
3. Souvenirs de la Banlieue - Sylvie - Tome 1 by Rosette Laberge - french
4. Au Bord de la Rivière - Tome 4 - Michel David - french
5. Les Soeurs Beaudry - Tome 1 by Micheline Dalpé - french
6. Souvenirs de la Banlieu - Michel - Tome 2 by Rosette Laberge - french
7. Les Soeurs Beaudry - Tome 2 by Micheline Dalpé - french
8. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
9. La vie épicée de Charlotte Lavigne - Tome 2 by Nathalie Roy - french
10. Virgin River - book 1 by Robyn Carr
11. Poussière du temps - Tome 1 by Michel David - french
12. Souvenir de la Banlieue - Sonia - Tome 3 by Rosette Laberge - french
13. Souvenir de la Banlieue - Junior - Tome 4 by Rosette Laberge - french
14. Souvenir de la banlieue - Tante Irma - Tome 5 by Rosette Laberge - french
15. The Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
16. The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans 
17. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
18. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
19. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
20. The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls
21. Poussière du Temps - Tome 2 by Michel David - french
22. The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
23. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
24. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
25. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
26. Mensonges sur le Plateau Mont-Royal - Book 1 by Michel David - french
27. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Streds
28. The Book Thief by Mark Zusak

Currently Reading 
Me before you by Jojo Moyes (the count will be 29 books if I finish this one before the end of 2013)

Books that I started but did not finish in 2013
Oliver Kitterridge by Elizabeth Strout ~ I tried but just couldn't finish it! See post here
Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes

Author I discovered in 2013
Lisa Genova - After picking up "Still Alice", I just couldn't stop...!

Biggest Disappointment
After reading "Broken Horses" and "Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls, I was excited for the release of her new book "The Silver Star" last June but was so disappointed.  C'mon Jeannette... you can do a lot better!!

Best Book in 2013
"Still Alice" by Lisa Genova but REALLY loving the book I am currently reading... Me Before You.

Since I was not able to reach my goal of reading 40 books this year... I am setting the same goal for 2014. 

How many books did you read in 2013??
Any book goals for 2014??

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Lisa Genova.

    Me Before You was on my top 10 list out of the 50 books I've read this year (I'm on book 50, I'll finish it in a few days). I loved it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read Still Alice for a while but haven't got around to it yet. I am really behind on my reading this year. Since I started blogging more seriously this summer, I have spent most of my reading time reading blogs instead of books. I need to find a better balance next year. My reading got was 50. I think I am at 26. Oops. I soooo loved Me Before You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you've read a ton this year! I wish I kept track of all the books I've read... it'd be interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What that is one impressive list of great books! I too loved Gone Girl and The Fault in Our Stars and I have to say that Me Before You have a lasting impression on me as well! I am so keeping this blog post in mind for when I am looking for my next read! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! I will have to look into a few to read in the upcoming months. I just found your blog. So glad to be a new follower.

    Ashley
    http://ashley-to-awesome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! There are so many books I need to look up!

    Stopping by (a little late) from the link-up. :)

    ReplyDelete