October 31, 2013

October's Book Club - Link-up

The Best of Intentions

I am a book lover and I am always looking for a new book to read or to add for my never ending "books to read" list, I decided to participate in this months Blogger Book Club.  We were asked to read Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. I was eager and excited to read it.

Unfortunately, I did not finish this book... trust me... I really wanted to...... I tried, I struggled, I started another book, I went back to this book... but just couldn't finish it. I read 110 out of 600 pages (as per i-books on my mini ipad). The story was all over the place and I was confused.  I hate it when I do not finish reading a book... :(

I just read that November's book selection will be..... The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Now I am excited! This book has been on my "to read" book list forever.  

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad for not finishing the book! I STRUGGLED getting it finished! Definitely not my favorite read, but I'm really excited for November! Thanks for linking up and participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with it too! Bring on November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled to finish it too. It took me over a month to read it and really I finished it in a day just because I pushed through so I could link up. I'm really excited about November's choice though!

    ReplyDelete